Tuesday 4 October 2011

Art in Odd Places Exhibition




The Art in Odd Places Exhibition was a fantastic and scarey experience. I placed 150 magnets along 14th Street, New York between The Highline and 9th Avenue. The Festival ran from 1st - 10th October 2011 and include over 60 artists from around the world whose aim was to push the boundaries of exhibiting without permits in public spaces.




I used tweets from 75 New York locals. I wanted to re-personalise some of these public spaces that seem to have been scrubbed on any personal/local flavour.




Being on my own added to the spice of the weekend. I was very generously shown around the best Jazz spots by one of the tweeters and good bloke @MikeDiRubbo.




Its something I'd like to do again.




Get in touch with at @albanart on twitter if you fancy a chat.




Cheers, Alban

No comments:

Post a Comment